Styling is a very important part of your session! Here are some tips and suggestions to follow when planning attire for your session!
Family and Outdoor Sessions
- Start with one shirt or outfit and build around that! If the item is patterned, pull out solid coordinating colors from that!
- Adding layers and textures will give a more finished, styled look!
- We recommend coordinating each participant rather than matching! It gives a unique, yet cohesive look!
- Once you have chosen a location, choose colors and styles to compliment the location
- Avoid logos or jerseys
- Your shoes may appear in the photos, please consider this when choosing footwear!
- For newborns sessions, the simpler the better!
- Babies are so small and precious, we don’t want the clothing to distract from them!
- Solid, fitted neutrals work best for newborn session, that way your baby will be the main focus!
- For boy siblings, we suggest a pair of fitted jeans. We recommend shirtless for little guys as we often pose older siblings on their backs and shirts can ride up on the neckline.
- For girl siblings, we suggest a fitted neutral sleveless dress. We do have some dresses available to use at your session as well!
Maternity Sessions in Studio
- For nude or implied nude session, please bring a white, black or nude bra and panty set. We advise against thong underwear.
- Oversized sweaters, knits, robes or jacket
- Sheer robes or tops
- Fitted (non maternity) jeans and a white or black tank
- We also have maternity gowns and robes available at the studio!